One Big Thing: How will Refugees and Displaced Persons Deal with Coronavirus?
Comment at the bottom to share your thoughts on the subject!
What is it?
- While many of us deal with Coronavirus by self-isolating and social distancing, the 70 million displaced people do not have that option or luxury. They are already amongst the most vulnerable populations and their situation is worsening as countries around the world close their borders to quarantine from COVID-19.
- Refugees International released a report which details exactly how and why the COVID-19 pandemic will negatively affect refugee populations around the world, including an update on the refugee population living at our southern border.
Why is it important?
- Refugee camps around the world typically lack resources under normal circumstances but these issues have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 outbreak. Limited access to clean water and information, overpopulation, and supply chain challenges have worsened as the world turns its attention to dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Refugees international’s report highlighted the need to deploy medical personnel and supplies, build up COVID-19 testing capabilities for refugee populations, and prioritize building isolation and quarantine areas within camps.
What can you do?
- Learn more about the refugee and displaced persons situation by visiting the UNHCR and keep track of coronavirus’s spread from Johns Hopkins University and Medicine’s Coronavirus Resource Center and the World Health Organization’s daily situation reports.
- If you think you have been exposed to coronavirus and develop symptoms, immediately call your healthcare provider for medical advice. You should take the appropriate steps to prevent spreading the disease to those around you.
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
WAITING FOR THE FINAL RESULTS TO COME INThe delay in electoral results in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania is because of increased
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
REGISTER TO VOTEMake sure you are registered to vote in the upcoming 2020 elections HERE: https://vote.gov/
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights