How Is the Virus Affecting Travel? (Tip: Avoid Cruises if You Can)
Are you avoiding all travel during this time?
How is the virus affecting travel?
- The disease is significantly impacting international travel.
- Travelers from China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea are being asked to stay home for a period of 14 days from the time they left those countries, which are each experiencing widespread, ongoing transmission.
- Since February 2, 2020, the U.S. government has prevented foreign nationals who have been in China within the past 14 days from entering the U.S.
- The government has also been monitoring the health of U.S. citizens, residents, and their immediate family members who have been in Hubei province and other parts of mainland China within the past 14 days, and quarantining those showing symptoms of illness.
- On February 29, 2020, the U.S. government also suspended entry of foreign nationals who have been to Iran within the past 14 days. This move was in response to the novel coronavirus’ rapid spread in that country.
What about U.S. citizens traveling abroad?
- The CDC recommends travelers - particularly those with underlying health issues - defer all cruise ship travel worldwide.
- The government also recommends that older adults and travelers with underlying health issues avoid long plane trips.
- For up-to-date information on CDC guidance, check the agency’s website.
— Lorelei Yang & Josh Herman
One Big Thing: Support the People of BeirutWhat is it? On August 4, 2020 a massive explosion in Beirut killed over 100 people, injured over 3000, and caused extensive Quizzes
One Big Thing: Do you think peace is achievable in Afghanistan?What is it? Earlier this week, new intelligence surfaced that Russia issued bounties to the Taliban to kill American soldiers in Quizzes
FLASHBACK: Mavericks NeededAlmost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights