One Big Thing: Is the U.S. Postal Service ready for mail in ballots in the November Election?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- In a recent report, the U.S. Postal Service disclosed issues regarding mail-in ballots during several states’ primary elections. Voters in Wisconsin, Ohio, Maryland and Texas received their ballots after election day or not at all.
- The follow up investigation found that the issue was down to the lack of communication between election officials and Postal Service. Since, the two groups have been working together to ensure that mail-in ballots for the November election go smoothly.
Why is it important?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many states are planning on using mail-in ballots to safely facilitate the November election. Distributing and collecting the sheer number of ballots will be a challenge for the Postal Service and election officials all over the country.
- The Postal Service has also recently faced significant financial troubles which have been magnified by the COVID-19 pandemic. Lawmakers are currently looking for ways to increase USPS’s funding to ensure it has the proper resources for November’s election.
- While 7 out of 10 adults favor mail-in voting for the November election, very few have done it before, prompting concerns over confusion on the voters’ side as well.
What can you do?
President Biden Says U.S. Will Defend Taiwan if China Attacks, White House Issues Walk BackWhat’s the story? President Joe Biden said Monday that the U.S. military would intervene if China attempts to invade Taiwan ,
Senate Votes on H.R. 7691: Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2022Bill Info Official Title : H.R. 7691: Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2022 Summary Title : Should the U.S.
Ask the Experts: How do threats to election officials affect American democracy?Tune in to hear David Becker discuss how threats to election officials affects American democracy. Becker is the Executive
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Local News Source Guide - Western RegionArizona - AZ AZCentral New Mexico - NM Albuquerque Journal Oregon - OR The Oregonian Nevada - NV Las Vegas Review Journal
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights