One Big Thing: Is the U.S. Postal Service ready for mail in ballots in the November Election?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- In a recent report, the U.S. Postal Service disclosed issues regarding mail-in ballots during several states’ primary elections. Voters in Wisconsin, Ohio, Maryland and Texas received their ballots after election day or not at all.
- The follow up investigation found that the issue was down to the lack of communication between election officials and Postal Service. Since, the two groups have been working together to ensure that mail-in ballots for the November election go smoothly.
Why is it important?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many states are planning on using mail-in ballots to safely facilitate the November election. Distributing and collecting the sheer number of ballots will be a challenge for the Postal Service and election officials all over the country.
- The Postal Service has also recently faced significant financial troubles which have been magnified by the COVID-19 pandemic. Lawmakers are currently looking for ways to increase USPS’s funding to ensure it has the proper resources for November’s election.
- While 7 out of 10 adults favor mail-in voting for the November election, very few have done it before, prompting concerns over confusion on the voters’ side as well.
What can you do?
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
WAITING FOR THE FINAL RESULTS TO COME INThe delay in electoral results in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania is because of increased
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
REGISTER TO VOTEMake sure you are registered to vote in the upcoming 2020 elections HERE: https://vote.gov/
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights