One Big Thing: Do you think the November Presidential election date should be honored?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- Recently, President Trump proposed postponing the November election date claiming that universal mail-in voting will lead to inaccurate results and voter fraud.
- Many Republicans and Democrats have come out against this idea, maintaining that the election must be held as scheduled.
- So far, there have been no cases of voter fraud in Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah who employ in-person voting and ballot drop-off sites.
Why is it important?
- Elections are essential to the democratic process and the U.S. constitution only allows them to be changed by majority support of both houses of Congress.
- Many have called for law makers to allocate more funding for mail in voting to prepare to the election. Mail in ballot printers have also increased their production to account for the surge in demand.
- Despite the efforts to prepare to host nationwide election amid a pandemic, 2/3 of Americans believe that it will be disrupted by the virus.
What can you do?
One Big Thing: Do you think Protests in Russia’s Far East will spread to other parts of the country?What is it? For the past three weeks Russians in the city of Khabarovsk in the Far East have protested the firing and Quizzes
One Big Thing: Do you think peace is achievable in Afghanistan?What is it? Earlier this week, new intelligence surfaced that Russia issued bounties to the Taliban to kill American soldiers in Quizzes
FLASHBACK: Mavericks NeededAlmost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights