One Big Thing: Do you think the November Presidential election date should be honored?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- Recently, President Trump proposed postponing the November election date claiming that universal mail-in voting will lead to inaccurate results and voter fraud.
- Many Republicans and Democrats have come out against this idea, maintaining that the election must be held as scheduled.
- So far, there have been no cases of voter fraud in Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah who employ in-person voting and ballot drop-off sites.
Why is it important?
- Elections are essential to the democratic process and the U.S. constitution only allows them to be changed by majority support of both houses of Congress.
- Many have called for law makers to allocate more funding for mail in voting to prepare to the election. Mail in ballot printers have also increased their production to account for the surge in demand.
- Despite the efforts to prepare to host nationwide election amid a pandemic, 2/3 of Americans believe that it will be disrupted by the virus.
What can you do?
McCain Institute Human Rights and Democracy SummitThe virtual event will take place in conjunction with the White House’s Summit for Democracy on December 9 – 10, 2021 . The
China Criticizes U.S. for Inviting Taiwan to Democracy SummitWhat’s the story? As part of an ongoing effort to increase Taiwan’s involvement in international bodies, the U.S. has invited News
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Local News Source Guide - Western RegionArizona - AZ AZCentral New Mexico - NM Albuquerque Journal Oregon - OR The Oregonian Nevada - NV Las Vegas Review Journal
Ask the Expert - Episode 6: When can you expect to know the election result?As a part of the We Hold These Truths 2020 Election Center , the Ask the Expert Series with Trevor Potter will provide you with Short Video
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights