One Big Thing: Will you tune into the Democratic National Convention?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- This evening, the Democratic National Convention (DNC) to formally announce Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the Democratic Party’s nominees ahead of the 2020 Presidential election.
- This year’s DNC will be held virtually because of the COVID-19 pandemic and will feature speeches from politicians including both Biden and Harris, Michelle and Barack Obama, and other prominent members of congress over the four nights.
Why is it important?
- The announcement of Kamala Harris as Joe Biden’s Vice-Presidential running mate is significant as she is both the first Black woman and first Asian American woman to be named to a major-party U.S. presidential ticket, and potentially the first woman vice president if Biden defeats President Trump.
- The convention was previously scheduled to take place in Milwaukee but due to the current social distancing restrictions, Biden and Harris will deliver their convention speeches from Biden's hometown of Wilmington, Delaware and delegates votes will be counted virtually.
What can you do?
- Tune into the convention HERE
- Read NPR’s 5 questions ahead of the Democratic National Convention
- Get more information on the Republican National Convention, starting next week
Taliban Rejects U.S. Cooperation Against ISIS-K in AfghanistanWhat’s the story? The U.S. and Taliban over the weekend held their first formal talks since the American military withdrew from News
One Big Thing: 37K Afghan Evacuees to Be Resettled Around U.S. - How You Can HelpWhat’s the story? State Dept. data for the Afghan Placement and Assistance program obtained by the Associated Press and Axios
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Local News Source Guide - Western RegionArizona - AZ AZCentral New Mexico - NM Albuquerque Journal Oregon - OR The Oregonian Nevada - NV Las Vegas Review Journal
Ask the Expert - Episode 6: When can you expect to know the election result?As a part of the We Hold These Truths 2020 Election Center , the Ask the Expert Series with Trevor Potter will provide you with Short Video
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights