One Big Thing: What can Americans learn from Senator John McCain’s legacy of civility?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- This past weekend, Cindy McCain published an op-ed in The Hill honoring her husband Senator John McCain’s commitment to civility and public service.
- In the op-ed, Mrs. McCain called for the current members of congress and other government officials to embrace civic discourse as a means of bridging the partisan divide that exists today.
Why is it important?
- Following his return from brain surgery in 2017, Senator McCain called for bipartisanship and a return to a more civilized political age in a speech on the Senate floor. His message is even more important today as Americans head into an important election this November.
- Last week, marked two years since Senator McCain’s passing, as well as his birthday. To honor the Senator’s life and legacy, McCain family asks you to engage in Acts of Civility. Visit johnmccain.com for more on Acts of Civility and about the life and legacy of Senator John McCain.
What can you do?
- Check out some #ActsOfCivility you can take HERE
One Big Thing: Are you concerned about political violence in the United States?Recently, politically motivated violence against elected officials and US election officials has been on the rise. Politico
Senate Passes Bipartisan China Competition Bill, Draws Criticism From Chinese Communist PartyWhat’s the story? The Senate on Tuesday approved a broad package aimed at improving America’s technological competitiveness and Legislation
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Local News Source Guide - Western RegionArizona - AZ AZCentral New Mexico - NM Albuquerque Journal Oregon - OR The Oregonian Nevada - NV Las Vegas Review Journal
Ask the Expert - Episode 6: When can you expect to know the election result?As a part of the We Hold These Truths 2020 Election Center , the Ask the Expert Series with Trevor Potter will provide you with Short Video
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights