One Big Thing: Would you attend an in person campaign event?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- Democratic Presidential candidate Joe Biden has announced that he will start to host in person events in key battleground states following Labor Day. The Biden-Harris campaign has made it clear that events will be in adherence with the CDC, state and local social distancing guidelines.
- President Donald Trump’s campaign for reelection has continuously held in person events and has recently pivoted to smaller events instead of large-scale rallies. Recently, some delegates for the Republican National Convention met in Charlotte, NC to cast their ballots in person.
Why is it important?
- Currently, both campaigns are working to find the balance between getting their message out to the voters and adhering to public health standards that are prohibitive to normal campaigning strategies. Finding this balance will be important as the race intensifies.
- Previously in history, elections have been held during public health crises. In 1918, the United States held a successful election during the Spanish Flu outbreak.
What can you do?
- Check out the need-to-know election information for your state HERE
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
WAITING FOR THE FINAL RESULTS TO COME INThe delay in electoral results in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania is because of increased
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
REGISTER TO VOTEMake sure you are registered to vote in the upcoming 2020 elections HERE: https://vote.gov/
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights