2020 Election Center
The Democratic National Convention
Join us and spread the word to your community
What is it?
- On August 17, 2020, the Democratic National Convention (DNC) formally announced Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the Democratic Party’s nominees ahead of the 2020 Presidential election.
- This year’s DNC will be held virtually because of the COVID-19 pandemic and will feature speeches from politicians including both Biden and Harris, Michelle and Barack Obama, and other prominent members of congress over the four nights.
Why is it important?
- The announcement of Kamala Harris as Joe Biden’s Vice-Presidential running mate is significant as she is both the first Black woman and first Asian American woman to be named to a major-party U.S. presidential ticket, and potentially the first woman vice president if Biden defeats President Trump.
- The convention was previously scheduled to take place in Milwaukee but due to the current social distancing restrictions, Biden and Harris will deliver their convention speeches from Biden's hometown of Wilmington, Delaware and delegates votes will be counted virtually.
What can you do?
- Tune into the convention HERE
- Read NPR’s 5 questions ahead of the Democratic National Convention
- Get more information on the Republican National Convention, starting next week
Ask the Expert with Trevor Potter - Episode 2: Who exactly counts my vote? When will it be counted?The second installment of the Ask the Expert Series with Trevor Potter on Mail in Voting is out! As a part of the We Hold These
REGISTER TO VOTEMake sure you are registered to vote in the upcoming 2020 elections HERE: https://vote.gov/
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights