We Hold These Truths
We Hold These Truths
One Big Thing: Do you think there should be another Presidential Debate?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- Last night, President Donald Trump and Vice President Joe Biden held their own separate town hall events, forgoing the scheduled second presidential debate.
- Following the first presidential debate, Democrats and Republicans alike criticized both candidates’ disregard for civic debate. If another debate were to happen, many have called for changes to the debate format including time limits and live fact checking.
- The second presidential debate, initially planned for October 15th was cancelled after President Trump refused to participate in the debate in a virtual format. Others have objected to the risks associated with the spread of COVID-19 after the President and several White House staff members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Why is it important?
- Despite the low number of undecided voters (6%), some experts argue that increased early and mail-in voting are increasing the potential impact of debates on the final choice of undecideds.
- The coronavirus outbreak in the White House has worried many about the possibility of contagion by attendees despite social distancing.
What can you do?
One Big Thing: Can you spot online disinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic?Since the outbreak of COVID-19 , a considerable amount of online disinformation has surfaced about all aspects of the pandemic,
Local News Source Guide - Western RegionArizona - AZ AZCentral New Mexico - NM Albuquerque Journal Oregon - OR The Oregonian Nevada - NV Las Vegas Review Journal
Ask the Expert - Episode 6: When can you expect to know the election result?As a part of the We Hold These Truths 2020 Election Center , the Ask the Expert Series with Trevor Potter will provide you with Short Video
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights