We Hold These Truths
We Hold These Truths
One Big Thing: Do you think there should be another Presidential Debate?
Join us and take our poll
What is it?
- Last night, President Donald Trump and Vice President Joe Biden held their own separate town hall events, forgoing the scheduled second presidential debate.
- Following the first presidential debate, Democrats and Republicans alike criticized both candidates’ disregard for civic debate. If another debate were to happen, many have called for changes to the debate format including time limits and live fact checking.
- The second presidential debate, initially planned for October 15th was cancelled after President Trump refused to participate in the debate in a virtual format. Others have objected to the risks associated with the spread of COVID-19 after the President and several White House staff members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Why is it important?
- Despite the low number of undecided voters (6%), some experts argue that increased early and mail-in voting are increasing the potential impact of debates on the final choice of undecideds.
- The coronavirus outbreak in the White House has worried many about the possibility of contagion by attendees despite social distancing.
What can you do?
One Big Thing: Are you tuning into the final Presidential Debate?The final presidential debate will take place on Thursday, October 22 at 9 PM EST in Nashville, Tennessee at Belmont University
REGISTER TO VOTEMake sure you are registered to vote in the upcoming 2020 elections HERE: https://vote.gov/
How do you plan on practicing Maverick voting?Almost two years ago, we made the call for Mavericks – people who challenge the status quo; people who defend the dignity of
Introducing the Diplomacy CaucusThe ongoing impeachment hearings in Washington, DC have had the unintended consequence of dragging down the morale of America’s News
People of Hong Kong Receive Leadership AwardThe second annual John McCain Prize for Leadership in Public Service has been awarded to the people of Hong Kong in recognition News
Join we hold these truths and take action on human rights